Maple Ridge is a progressive suburban community of Metro Vancouver with a population of approximately 82,000 people. An affluent community, Maple Ridge has average household incomes well in excess of the Provincial average, at nearly $93,548 per annum. Recently recognized within BC Business as one of the best cities for work in BC, the region is also one of the Province’s fastest growing municipalities, with a growth rate of 8.9% between the years of 2009 to 2014 and with projected future growth of 8.8% from 2014 to 2019. Over the last 30 years, Maple Ridge has more than doubled in population and is expected to grow to 108,900 by 2031.
The subject property is located in the eastern portion of Maple Ridge, specifically in the Albion Flats Urban Area. The area structure plans have not provided for much, if any commercially designated lands outside of the intersection of 240th Street and Dewdney Trunk Road. To the north is a Cooper’s Foods anchored retail plaza, which currently is the only significant retail offering east of 228th Street.
• Key intersection in East Maple Ridge with high traffic counts accounting for a combined 27,703 VPD
• Rare opportunity to service captive market of East Maple Ridge including the high growth community of Albion
• High barriers to entry in this area due to lack of commercially zoned land
• In close proximity to only major grocery store (Save-On-Foods) in East Maple Ridge
• Rapidly growing population and Household incomes well above the provincial average