Sorry, this listing is no longer available
Want help from a real estate pro?
The Building - Merchants Building
This building was constructed in two stages, the north portion being completed in 1898 and the south portion in 1902, using consistent construction materials and design. Both parts were designed by James H. Cadham. It was originally the home of hardware dealer George D. Wood, later the Wood Vallance Company, that was acquired by the hardware firm of Marshall-Wells Company. Beginning in the mid-1920s, a series of smaller tenants occupied the building. The office of the Manitoba Historical Society was located in the building from 2004 to 2007.
Property TypeOffice / Retail
Building Size56,940 ft²
Typical Floor Size16,676 ft²