Inquire about our current offer of ONE MONTH FREE RENT - up front!
UNIQUE -STREET LEVEL - HERITAGE FINISHES - OFFICE SPACE IN DOWNTOWN VANCOUVER (AVAILABLE NOW)
MAIN LEVEL with Richards Street access for a floor office, in the centrally located Standard Building. We have a highly desirable location with affordable rates.
AVAILABLE NOW, ending on a 5+ year lease term
USE: Office use only
RENTABLE FLOOR AREA: ~4,600 SF rentable floor area (see floor plan below at the area labelled 103 (200), all dimensions approximate) May be combined or restructured to include the available full second floor (~8000sqft). Landlord open to demising different configurations between the main level unit and the second level.
(ie Offering full main floor (with AC) while maintaining private stair case to access a portion of the second floor (~4000sqft) for a total of 10,000 sqft)
ABOUT THE SPACE + WHAT IS INCLUDED:
• Richards Street entrance and back lane access
• Two-level floor plan
• Large windows facing street
• Open work area
• Multiple offices
• Heritage high ceilings
• Large windows
• Air conditioning
• Heritage finishes
• Break-out meeting rooms
• In-suite storage
• Internal security and fob system
• Large operable windows, each 6” high, for ventilation and increased light
• Heat, electricity, janitorial, and garbage / recycling / compost pick-up included
• 24-hour building access
• Shared washroom facilities
DOES NOT INCLUDE:
• Communication lines, internet, water delivery etc.), tenant to coordinate as needed
• Computers /electronics
VIEWABLE by appointment only. Please contact email@example.com with questions or to schedule a viewing of the suite.
Available Space4,608 ft²
Suite NumberMain Level
Service TypeTriple Net
Lease Term2 years
The Building - The Standard Building
HISTORY: (Scroll down to bypass to Building Location and Building Offerings)
In 1916, this building was listed as the Standard Bank Building. It was briefly known as the Weart Building named after its promoter, J W Weart, but it quickly got named after its most important tenant. Like the Birks Building and the Yorkshire Building built in the same period, the Standard Bank Building was supplied with ornamental ironwork from the Chicago Ornamental Iron Co. The steel frame was tested by The Robert W. Hunt & Company Engineers’ Bureau of Inspection, Tests and Consultation, of Chicago, (as was the Hotel Vancouver and the Bank of Ottawa). Seattle architects Russell Babcock and Rice carried out the design.
The Standard Bank Building had a variety of tenants – there was the Venetian barber on the main floor, a tea room on the second floor, and the Canadian Red Cross had offices on the third floor, as well as Brighouse and Brighouse, dentists. The other floors had a thorough mix from lawyers, accountants, steelworks offices, lumber mills offices, a fish company, a creosote company and up on the fifteenth floor, J W Weart’s own office, as well as Winifred Kindleyside’s public stenographers.
Today, with no Standard Bank left in town it’s just the Standard Building, and at over 100 years old showing absolutely no sign of being irrelevant to the 21st Century city. So far the Standard building has over 100 years on the clock, and looks good for 100 more.
(Sourced from changingvancouver.wordpress.com)
- Corner of West Hastings Street and Richards Street;
- Steps from the landmark transit hub of Vancouver, The Waterfront Station;
- Close to the Financial District;
- Beside the Granville Entertainment District;
- At the edge of Historic Gastown;
- Surrounded by many popular pubs and restaurants.
- Retail and boutique style offices;
- 300 sqft to 7500 sqft;
- Elegant lobby, with a 24hr Blenz
- 10’-4” ceilings accessible;
- Large operable windows for good air flow;
- Heat, electricity, janitorial, and garbage / recycling / compost pick-up included;
- 24-hour building access;
- Shared washroom facilities.
The proximity to Vancouver’s main sky-train and bus terminals, sea bus, and the abundanceof parking choices have made the Standard Building an ideal location for many businesses.
Building Size115,128 ft²