This character building located at the corner of McDermot Avenue and Arthur Street is an important part of the Exchange District. Completed in 1898, it was the original home of the hardware dealer George D. Wood – later the Wood Vallance Company. Beginning in the 1920’s, smaller tenants started to occupy the building which is now a Designated Historic Site. The Manitoba Historical Society was located in the building from 2004 –2007.
With a great mix of character buildings and modern architecture, The Exchange District is one of Winnipeg’s trendiest neighbourhoods. A short stroll from 250 McDermot are local restaurants, boutique shops, live music venues, art galleries, as well Old Market Square. An area like no where else – surrounded by chefs, musicians, artists designers and entrepreneurs, visited by tourists and locals alike, the Exchange District has been the home to many creative and inspiring Winnipeggers.
- Numerous restaurants and amenities in the area
- Just three short blocks to Portage & Main and the underground concourse
- Monthly parking and Winnipeg Transit both readily available in close proximity to the property
- Polished hardwood floors, tin ceiling and operational windows
- Tenant improvements available for qualified tenants
- Flexible lease terms and various unit sizes available
- Professional on-site landlord
- Storage available upon request
Available Space6,077 ft²
Suite Number100 - Unit 100
The Building - Merchants Building
Attractive heritage building in the West Exchange
Building Size120,000 ft²
Lot Size0.41 AC