• Exceptional, fully revitalized iconic heritage building with reclaimed original heritage architectural elements on a prominent corner location
• Fully modernized commercial building with newly upgraded electrical services, mechanical systems, building connections, new passenger elevator and complete seismic upgrade
• Incredible ceiling heights throughout with outstanding visibility and frontage
• Commercially vented main & lower level spaces, envisioned for hospitality and food primary uses
• Flagship retail, hospitality and restaurant opportunities from approximately 2,609 SF to 6,954 SF
• Unique full floor or multi-level office opportunities from approximately 2,345 SF to 7,223 SF
• Opportunity to lease entire building totaling approximately 14,000 SF over 5 levels
Available Space2,415 ft²
Suite NumberLevel 3
Service TypeTriple Net
The Building - Merchant Bank Building
The Merchant Bank is a landmark property located at the corner of Carrall and West Hastings Streets, at the confluence of the Gastown and Downtown districts in Vancouver. The imposing “Beaux Arts” structure was constructed in 1913 by renowned architects Somervell and Putnam, and originally housed the Montreal-based Merchant Bank. The building was constructed in the “Temple Bank” style, symbolizing strength, solidity and prosperity.
Now owned by the Vancouver based, award-winning Millennium Development Group, the Merchant Bank has undergone a significant heritage revitalization, including the full restoration of its original granite and limestone cladding, cornices, façade stone carvings and spandrels, returning this iconic building to its former elegance. Together with the reclaimed heritage architectural elements, the building will be fully modernized, and will offer up to 14,000 SF of state of the art retail/restaurant and office space. The Merchant Bank presents an extraordinary opportunity to establish a presence in a showpiece building in one of Vancouver’s most sought-after districts.
Property TypeOffice / Retail
Building Size14,177 ft²
Typical Floor Size2,101 ft²